Work with Virginia Tourism to help create buzz for your destination or attraction!
Virginia Tourism Corporation’s Public Relations division (VTC PR) creates and communicates newsworthy announcements, press releases, and other material to the media, tourism industry, and general public. VTC PR works with key internal and external stakeholders, partner agencies, the Office of the Governor, members of the General Assembly, and other key voices to communicate VTC’s specific objectives and overall mission. VTC PR generates editorial coverage on the Commonwealth’s travel appeal, tourism assets, and agency accomplishments by hosting media tours, proactively pitching story ideas to media, and by creating news releases and media alerts that target national, regional, in-state and travel media.
How can you work with VTC PR?
- Share what’s new in your area
- Share when your locality is featured in the news or by a writer
- Take advantage of our partner and media opportunities, including PR Leads, LOVE on the Road and the Virginia is for Lovers Press Pass
- Help us host media in your area
- Invite the team to your area to learn more about it
VTC PR can help you with:
- PR Best Practices, including how to work with national media and broadcast
- Building in-state media lists
- Helping you find a good contact at publications
- Pitching exceptional story ideas to media
- Bring writers to your area for potential coverage