Virginia Tourism Corporation Jobs
The Commonwealth of Virginia values our veterans! Resources on veterans and employment in Virginia are available from Virginia Values Veterans.
Lead Tourism Counselor
Virginia Welcome Center at Fredericksburg, Fredericksburg, VA
The Virginia Tourism Corporation is seeking a Tourism Counselor for its Virginia Welcome Center at Fredericksburg. The center is open 7 days per week from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. This individual will provide travel information and assistance to the traveling public, restock brochure racks, assist the welcome center manager and assistant manager with daily operations and perform general office duties.
- Ability to work independently in a heavy volume customer service environment
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds, including extensive walking and standing
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to interact with the public
- Basic math and computer skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Holiday and weekend work is required
- Knowledge of Virginia’s travel product, roads and highway systems preferred
- Travel industry experience preferred
- High school diploma required
- Valid driver’s license required
Salary minimum: $25,000/year.
Please apply online @ https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=2f3480c7-980f-45d4-9820-2a026fb552a7&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=298820&source=CC3&lang=en_US&selectedMenuKey=CareerCenter
Application deadline: June 28, 2019.
VTC Marketing Intern
VTC’s Marketing Department has a limited number of intern openings in the Richmond office for students throughout the year. All positions are unpaid and must be used for school credit. Flexible hours are available. Interns can expect a variety of tasks related to public relations, advertising, digital marketing, social media, and basic office experiences, including the opportunity to work on certain marketing projects. For more details, contact VTC’s Andrew Cothern at 804-545-5570 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact Andrew Cothern regarding unpaid public relations internships only.
Questions on employment with Virginia Tourism Corporation should be directed to the Human Resources office at email@example.com or 804-545-5634.