What is the Virginia Special Events & Festivals Program?
The Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) announces that applications are open for the Virginia Special Events & Festivals Sponsorship Program. Please read this information and then scroll down to see the application.
The Virginia Special Events & Festival Sponsorship Program purpose is to assist with marketing and production of established Virginia special events and festivals. Preference is given to special events and festivals that have a significant and positive economic impact on the Virginia local community.
As a reminder, only ONE application per unique EIN is allowed. Organizations that produce multiple events must choose ONE event for which to apply. VTC recommends that applicants choose the event with the highest potential economic impact.
PLEASE NOTE: This application cycle for the VTC Special Events and Festivals Sponsorship Program differs from past VTC Special Events and Festivals Sponsorship Program applications. Below is a quick overview of the changes:
- Different online application than in the past.
- Event production expenses are limited to no more than 50% of request funding amount.
- Marketing expenses must be at least 50% of requested funding amount.
- Award announcements will be made in-mid April. Programs must be completed by October 15, 2024.
- Eligible expenses that have occurred six months prior (August 1, 2022) to the due date of February 28, 2023 can be used as part of your marketing plan and may be reimbursable upon successful award notification.
- Programs must be completed within 60 days of your event end date.
- Events that are cancelled and/or rescheduled due to circumstances beyond the event organizer’s control may still be eligible for reimbursement. However, applicants must contact the VTC Grants Team as soon as possible to discuss the cancellation and circumstances. Event cancellation insurance is strongly encouraged.
- Drop down boxes for certain questions.
- One funding tier:
- $20,000 maximum award with a 50% cash or in-kind match.
- Specific allowances on valuing earned and owned media.
Please review the Word Document that contains an application template and helpful instructions to help you complete your application. Please review the Terms and Conditions of this program. This is a reimbursement program.
- Applications are due by 5:00 PM on Tuesday, February 28, 2023.
- NO extensions to this deadline will be possible.
- Award announcements will be made by mid-April 2023.