Showcase Your Product at a Virginia Welcome Center and/or Safety Rest Area
The PMAP (Partnership Marketing and Advertising Program) program was established by Virginia Tourism Corporation in 2015 to create a variety of advertising opportunities at Virginia Welcome Centers and Safety Rest Areas throughout the commonwealth.
Since the program’s transition in 2018, which returned it to VTC’s management, we have been continuously examining and tweaking the program-looking for better ways to serve you. With this in mind, we are revamping the ways in which our Welcome Centers receive your publications. Hopefully, this will help you, our partners, offset some of the increased shipping prices that everyone has been experiencing.
The central warehousing service will be transitioning from The Image Group (TIG) to our VTC offices at Main Street Station Welcome Center. We will continue to offer a central warehouse, just on a limited basis. Our PMAP field team, in many instances, will be restocking the Welcome Centers on your behalf. In addition, the team can work closely with you to pick up your publications when in the area.
Central Warehouse: if you need to restock your current inventory at the Central Warehouse please find our central warehouse packing slip here: Central Warehouse Packing Slip.
Enrollment – Reserve your space now! Visit https://www.welcomeva.com
- Central Warehouse – if you need to restock your current inventory at the Central Warehouse please send your collateral to the new location: Main Street Station C/O Virginia Tourism Corporation Room 128 / Northeast 1500 East Main Street Richmond, Virginia 23219 Contact: Joe Wehrle – [email protected]
- Custom Opportunities– Interested in something to enhance or expand your outreach? Let us know your ideas. Contact Gary Jeffrey at [email protected] or 276.730.4582
More than 35 million people visit our Virginia Welcome Centers and Safety Rest Areas each year giving you the opportunity to make an impression through your advertising to a vast number of visitors. Below you will see the tools available for you to use to promote your destination to this wealth of visitors to Virginia.
- Publication/Brochure Program– reserve a brochure space for your publication at a VA Welcome Center or VA Safety Rest Area corridor. Both single and double pocket brochure sizes are available to accommodate your brochure or publication. Your investment in the program depends on the size of your brochure, the number of locations and the length of distribution time.
- Tourism Blitz– showcase your destination and be the primary advertiser for an entire month by setting up a custom display, having demo days, brochure counter exposure, banner and even a digital spotlight at a VA Welcome Center. These are just a few of the options your organization can use during its month-long blitz.
- Display Ads–ad panels are available at designated Welcome Centers. Various sizes and prices are available. Remember that pictures can speak a thousand words!
- Enhanced Digital Spotlight– available at our newest Virginia Welcome Center, Northern Virginia Gateway, and at the recently re-furbished Virginia Welcome Center at Skippers, the enhanced digital spotlight will put your destination on the big screen. Large 65in screens will give your spotlight 24- hour exposure while guests are visiting the welcome center and the SRA.
- Custom Opportunities– customized glass display cases and unique display spaces are available at designated Welcome Centers.