Contracting Photography & Usage Rights Resources
Below are documents VTC uses when contracting and sharing digital assets. We encourage partners to utilize similar language in their own image licensing and sharing processes.
All of these documents have been reviewed and approved by the VA Attorney General’s office for VTC’s use. If you’d like to copy the language and adapt it for your locality, feel secure in doing so.
If you have any questions regarding the forms below, please reach out to Sarah Hauser at email@example.com.
- When the media or entities outside state or local tourism offices would like to request the use of photography and/or video footage from us, we ask that they complete these two forms. One form serves as a formal request with a description of the assets they would like to use, where the assets would be used, how long they would be used, etc. The other form serves as the terms and conditions for usage and requires a signature.
- Models sign this form on the day of a photo shoot. Models under the age of 18 require a parent or legal guardian to sign for them.
- A photographer (or the copyright owner) signs this form when giving us permission to use their photos and/or video footage in our marketing. A detailed description of the images and/or video being shared is required.
- We use these terms and conditions when licensing a photo and/or video that has previously been created (as opposed to hiring a photographer to produce a photo shoot).
- We use this document when hiring a photographer to produce a photo shoot. It includes a shot list, details on location, time of day, models, appropriate contacts, photo and video specifications, number of assets to be delivered, due date, delivery method, and terms & conditions.
- We use this form when sharing images and video with industry partners. It details who is being given permission to use what assets and how those assets may be used.
- We post this document at entrances to businesses or private events at which we have received permission to capture photos and video. Document the posting of this sign(s) with photos on the day of the shoot.