Adding a listing is easy. Just follow these steps:
- Go to www.Virginia.org and at the bottom click on add/update a listing to access the Virginia.org Administration Tool or go to http://admin.virginia.org
- If you have done this before, you can just enter your user ID and pass code.
- If you are new, you will need to register as a New User to create a user ID and password. It is free and easy. Click Register.
- Once you’ve logged on, Click on “Create a New Listing” and add your Facility Name and select Sports Virginia from the radio button menu list.
- Follow the directions to categorize your facility, and enter additional information about the facility in the fields provided to include address, phone and website url.
- Provide information specific to amenities and submit a short description. It is helpful to have the description written at the beginning of this process and you can copy and paste it in. Your description can be 200 words.
- You can upload multiple images and add 9 to your slideshow with your listing.
- Submit and preview your listing to ensure accuracy. Click Confirm and Submit to submit it to the site.
It typically takes 2-3 business days before a listing is reviewed.
- ONLY – Major sports venues that are available for outside groups to rent or use for competitions (please no elementary school yards etc).
In addition to major venues the following organizations can list themselves:
- Parks & Recreation departments can complete a general listing highlighting their facilities only if outside groups can use facilities.
- Colleges & Universities can complete a sports venue listing only if outside groups can use facilities
Hotels should not list themselves on this form unless they have a major sports venue such as golf course or large tennis facility. Hotels should list themselves on www.Virginia.org under accommodations as they will also be linked from the www.SportsVirginia.org website.
CVB’s (that are actively marketing to sports event rights holders) and Sports Commissions will be listed under a special “Local Sports Marketing Contacts” link. Listing will include contact information, link to your website and a short 75 word maximum description. Please send your information to Joni Johnson to be included in this special section. Do not submit it as a listing on www.Virginia.org.
If you need assistance with adding your listings, please contact Robin Mamunes at 804-545-5545 or email@example.com as she is the listing expert.