Widen is VTC’s digital image library, and it’s a great resource for marketing materials. We encourage partners to create an account, browse our images, and request to download useful assets. Below, we detail how to access our library, what to expect upon login, and our process for downloading. Please read through everything before creating an account.
We do not keep video files on Widen at this time, however this is something we are considering for the future. If you are interested in obtaining b-roll to use in your current marketing efforts, please submit a request to Ryan Trapp at email@example.com.
Create your account:
- You can create a temporary account here.
- Please contact Sarah Hauser at firstname.lastname@example.org for the necessary registration code.
- Once approved, your account will remain active for 7 days. We recommend waiting to create an account until you know you have time to dedicate to browsing the library.
- Once logged in, you can browse curated collections featured on the dashboard or in the dropdown collections tab.
- You can also use the search bar at the top of the screen to search for specific destinations, towns, photographers, etc. Upon searching, you can narrow your inquiry using the qualifiers on the left side of your search results screen. Advanced searching options are available via the “more” tab to the right of the search bar.
- Click on a file name to see additional information about an image. Information will include a brief description, location, photographer, and more.
- Hover over an image and click on “quick view” to see a larger preview.
- Select and unselect images by clicking on their thumbnails. You will see a green check mark appear and disappear as you do so.
- Selected images will stay selected until they are unselected, meaning you can conduct multiple searches, look through different collections, and reload pages without losing images you’ve previously selected. If you want to see all of the images you currently have selected, click the “# selected” towards the top right of your screen and select “view selection” from the drop down menu.
- We recommend waiting to submit a download request until you have finished browsing and making all of your image selections. This will help you to stay organized (not requesting multiples or missing something you might need) and it will help us to stay organized with our follow-up paperwork.
- Upon submitting your download request, we will review and complete our partner usage permissions document to share with you directly. This document details who is being given permission to use what assets, required best practices, and how the assets may be used. You should keep this paperwork for your records, as it is the paperwork that gives you the legal ability to use the images in your marketing.
- After the paperwork is complete, you will receive a download link via email.
- Credit must be given to the photographer whenever possible.
- Images may not be shared with the media or general public. Please direct all media requests to the image request page on our press room site.
- Images may not be shared with other partners. Please direct all partner image requests to follow the same procedure above.
- If you run into difficulties or have questions about our sharing process, please contact Sarah Hauser at email@example.com.