The Virginia Tourism Corporation (VTC) Marketing Leverage Program is designed to stimulate new tourism marketing programs through the creation of partnerships, to leverage limited marketing dollars, and to extend the “Virginia is for Lovers” brand. There are two funding cycles offered annually. A minimum of three Virginia partners are required to financially match VTC dollars. Partners may use their existing marketing budgets as matching dollars. Below is summary information on the program.
TIER ONE Up to $10,000
Maximum award of $10,000 with a 1:1 Match (one dollar from partners matched by one dollar from VTC)
TIER TWO Up to $50,000
Maximum award of $50,000 with a 2:1 match (two dollars from partners matched by one dollar from VTC)
DEADLINES, PAYMENTS AND REPORTS
- The next round of applications will open on April 10, 2018 with a June 26, 2018 due date. Draft review deadline is June 5, 2018.
- The VTC Marketing Leverage Program funds are disbursed on a reimbursement basis upon receipt of documentation of program expenses.
- A final report is required at the end of your program. Programs should be completed within 18 months of award notification date.
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION 15 Points
Program Description and Partner Evaluation
- Tell us about your program. Why is it needed and what do you want to accomplish?
- Tell us about your partners. Who are they, and what are their roles in your program beyond being financial partners?
- Tell us how you will adjust your program if you do not receive full, requested funding?
Target Audience and Market Research 25 Points
- Who is your target market and/or target audience?
- What specific local and/or state research supports why you chose this target market or audience?
- How will you track the effectiveness of your program?
Performance Measures 20 Points
- Tell us where you are now, and where you want to go
- Include a specific baseline for each item you measure
Marketing Message and Program 25 Points
- What is your specific marketing message and call to action?
- What specific marketing efforts will you undertake?
DRIVE TOURISM 5 Points
- How does your program fit into your regional product themes?
- More info available at www.vatc.org/drivetourism
VTC “Virginia is for Lovers” CAMPAIGN 10 Points
- Indicate how the program supports the “VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS” campaign
Complete information can be found at www.vatc.org/grants/leverageprogram/ or contact Angela Wiggins at email@example.com or 804-545-5553. Please subscribe to the VTC Travel Post eNewsletter for announcements of the VTC Marketing Leverage Program and other VTC information. For more information visit www.vatc.org/about/newsletter-signup.