Showcase Virginia’s Vibrant Communities for National Travel & Tourism Week
This May 7-13, 2023, marks the 40th anniversary of National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW), an annual tradition celebrating the U.S. travel community and travel’s essential role in stimulating economic growth, cultivating vibrant communities, creating quality job opportunities, and elevating the quality of life for Americans every day.
This year, join VTC and U.S. Travel as we move #TravelForward by showcasing Virginia cities, towns, and neighborhoods and their role in powering economies, communities, and connections. Share your vibrant community stories online using the hashtags #TravelForward, #NTTW23, and #VisitVA to help us highlight how the tourism industry makes Virginia the best state in the nation to live, work, and play!
VTC Content Schedule
Each day of National Travel & Tourism Week, VTC will push out themed content to support NTTW and highlight important parts of our tourism industry.
Content will be shared daily via LinkedIn and select social accounts, following these daily themes.
Monday, May 8 – NTTW 2023 Kickoff & Investing in tourism
Post #1 – NTTW kickoff video message from Rita McClenny, President & CEO of VTC. Partners are encouraged to repost on LinkedIn using #visitva # nttw23
Post #2 – To kick off National Travel & Tourism Week, VTC and Governor Glenn Youngkin will announce more than $3.2 million in matching grant and sponsorship funds will be awarded to 236 tourism programs, ultimately impacting 1,161 combined partners. Grant recipients are encouraged to share their news on social media using #visitva #nttw23
Tuesday, May 9 – 40th Anniversary of NTTW
This year marks the 40th anniversary of National Travel and Tourism Week. To celebrate travel’s essential and integral role in the quality of life for Americans, we’re sharing 40+ Virginia vacation ideas for 2023. Partners are encouraged to join us by spotlighting 40 things to see and do in your location on social media using #visitva # nttw23.
Wednesday, May 10 – Inspiring New Businesses – Local Business Spotlight
Join VTC in spotlighting the unique local businesses in your destination that help our communities thrive on social media using #visitva # nttw23
Thursday, May 11 – Cultivating Vibrant Communities
Share your vibrant community stories on social media using #visitva # nttw23 to show the world why Virginia is the best state to live, work, and play!
Friday, May 12 – Stimulating Economic Growth, Infographic
VTC will share an infographic outlining the role tourism plays in generating economic impact in Virginia. Partners are encouraged to share information on the economic impact of tourism in your destination on social media using #visitva # nttw23
Saturday, May 13 – Wrap-up post of your choice.
US Travel Toolkit and Messaging
Learn more about National Travel and Tourism Week and join the celebration with these toolkit resources from U.S. Travel Association, including a news release template, messaging guidelines, logos, videos, and more.
- National Travel and Tourism Week 2023 celebrates the industry’s critical role in powering economies, communities and connections. By moving #TravelForward, we can demonstrate our industry’s critical importance—in every corner of our country.
- The travel industry fuels every industry. Our success is the nation’s success. We’ve made progress, but the sooner the travel industry returns to growth, the sooner America will as well. Let’s work together to make sure policymakers understand the value of our industry and partner with us to help move #TravelForward.
- Travel is an economic powerhouse for every state and countless destinations across the country and is vital to our nation’s global competitiveness. When we move #TravelForward, we grow America’s economy, enhance our communities and create quality job opportunities for millions of workers.
- This #NTTW, let’s communicate how the travel industry’s success helps enable success for all industries across America. From education to new business growth to advancing manufacturing and more—when we move #TravelForward, we move America forward.
- Travel is an essential industry and we must continue to demonstrate to policymakers and business leaders that growing travel, grows the economy, businesses and mutual understanding. The newly established role for an Assistant Secretary of Travel and Tourism at the U.S. Department of Commerce was an important win for our industry and will help coordinate critical aspects of government impacting the industry and move #TravelForward.
- Congress and our elected leaders should do all they can to support our industry by making it a priority to increase travel to and within the United States. When we work together, we move #TravelForward and drive our nation to a brighter future.