VTC also partners with the Capital Region USA (CRUSA) on sales and public relations representation in Brazil, China, France, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Market selection is determined primarily by availability of non-stop air service to Washington Dulles International or Baltimore/Washington International Airports.
Formed in 1997, CRUSA has created a strong, unified marketing alliance committed to attracting the lucrative overseas visitor by combining limited marketing funds from each partner. CRUSA strives to increase visitation and economic impact to the region from selected overseas markets by implementing innovative marketing programs and public/private sector partnerships.
CRUSA FY2016 Goals and Achievements
*Please note that CRUSA FY17 results will not be reported until at least September 2017*
- Ensure long range funding stability for CRUSA marketing efforts on behalf of its partners. Achieve an annual budget of $4 million by 2017, to include cash and in-kind investments from industry partners.
- Create and implement integrated marketing strategies that are innovative and “leading edge”, that advance the CRUSA brand and that attract funding.
- Create a robust, interactive website that supports the brand, reaches at least 522,000 unique visitors by 2017 and becomes CRUSA’s primary marketing tool.
- Partner with tour operators to develop cooperative marketing campaigns to reach the consumer and generate room night bookings.
- Develop consumer promotions that integrate the brand, product, technology, paid search and public relations to maximize media value, website visits and opt-ins.
- Use media relations to generate at least $12 million in earned media by 2017.
- Trade marketing efforts must provide an opportunity to deliver CRUSA brand messages to the consumer to drive room nights and increase length of stay.
- Work with Brand USA to ensure that CRUSA maximizes exposure across all relevant platforms.
- Strengthen research tools to (1) better understand our customer, (2) assess economic impact of overseas arrivals to region and (3) measure and evaluate marketing programs.
Primary: China and The United Kingdom
Secondary: Germany and France
Market selection is determined primarily by availability of non-stop air service to Washington Dulles International or Baltimore/Washington International Airports.
For more information on CRUSA visit the website http://www.crusa.org/.