Virginia is a founding member of Travel South USA, created in 1965 by mandate of the Southern Governors’ Association, to promote foster and encourage travel to and within the 11 member states, including Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina., Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia. The organization has nationwide recognition as the oldest and largest regional marketing forum with a legacy of unprecedented collaboration among state tourism offices.
The Travel South USA partnership provides a foundation for collaboration by state tourism offices to position tourism as a vital and dynamic element in the region’s economic development.
As an active member of the Board of Directors, VTC staff meets annually to adopt and execute a budget and marketing plan to support the overall objectives of the region. Since 1965, the mission of Travel South USA is to promote, foster and encourage travel to and within its member states by:
- Providing opportunities for destinations and travel-related companies to market themselves to established travel buyers in North America and select international markets
- Exchanging ideas and programs which would be of mutual benefit
- Organizing promotional opportunities with a solid purpose, accountable results and continuity
- Fostering regional promotional plans throughout the South
- Working closely with destination marketing organizations, chambers of commerce and other travel oriented organizations
- Raising the economic standing of the South and member states through successful promotional efforts
- Building the image of the South and member states as progressive, dynamic, enjoyable and scenic travel destinations
- Positioning tourism as a vital and dynamic element in the South’s economy
Visit www.TravelSouthUSA.com for the more information about the southern region, or www.TravelSouthUSA.org to participate with online marketing efforts, Showcase, and international sales opportunities.