2019 marks the 50th anniversary of Virginia is for Lovers and we’ll be celebrating all summer! As part of our marketing efforts, we’re promoting the 130+ LOVEWorks across the state in the form of LOVEwork Road Trip itineraries.
These trip ideas will be highlighted on www.virginia.org/love and we’ll create content throughout the summer (and beyond) to promote them. To participate, please submit your LOVEwork itineraries by June 1.
Before submitting, please note the following guidelines:
- Trips must be a minimum of two days.
- Please incorporate a link to a google map so people can easily follow the suggested route – if your love is not on our map, please let us know and we’ll add it. Look at this Google map of 130+ LOVE locations across the state.
- Please incorporate images of the LOVEworks in your itinerary.
- While not every stop along the route needs a LOVEwork, we do require that each itinerary highlights a minimum of 2 LOVEWorks. If your destination only has one, consider partnering with neighboring DMOs to create regional LOVEWork road trips with overnights in each destination.
- Please follow the format below as we want these itineraries to be consistent and not too text heavy.
Finding the LOVE along Virginia’s Eastern Shore
Brief overview – 1-3 sentences.
Surrounded by water on three sides, Virginia’s Eastern Shore is an outdoor paradise with over 78,000 acres of parks and refuges and one of only ten U.S. national seashores. Five walk-able waterfront towns, with shops, galleries, museums and restaurants, hug the Atlantic and Chesapeake Bay coastlines. Come and find out what there is to LOVE in Cape Charles and Chincoteague, as you explore one of the best undiscovered coastal playgrounds in the mid-Atlantic.
- LOVEWork in Cape Charles – one sentence summary of the design and how it represents the community
- LOVEWork in Chincoteague – one sentence summary of the design and how it represents the community
Day 1 – IMAGE HEADER (LOVE if one exists at this stop)
Brief paragraph about first destination, mention the love if it exists at this location
Begin your journey in Cape Charles…..stop at LOVEWork location and do….
Use bullets to link to suggested restaurants, lodging, and activities to keep itineraries brief.
- Eat – The Shanty, Cape Charles Coffee House, Woody’s Beach BBQ, Bills Seafood
- Stay – Sunset Beach Resort, Kiptopeake State Park, Hotel Cape Charles,
- Play – Eastern Shore National Wildlife Refuge, Kayaking with Southeast Expeditions, Wine tasting at Chatham Vineyard
Day 2 – IMAGE HEADER (LOVE if one exists at this stop)
- Eat –
- Stay –
- Play –
Day 3 – IMAGE HEADER (LOVE if one exists at this stop)
- Eat –
- Stay –
- Play –