Build social engagement and increase website visits by promoting news, updates, special offers and events on Facebook and Instagram.
Role of Channel: Awareness > Consideration > Conversion
Contact: MARGAREE BROWN
IMPORTANT NOTE: Beginning with the FY23 Co-Op Program, any Virginia partner who would like to participate in the Google and/or Social Media Co-Op Programs, and who has not participated in the programs in years past, will need to go through a new vendor registration process, in order for the Mediahub team (previously The Martin Agency) to set you up in their financial system. At this time, the new registration process only applies to partners new to either program. The steps are outlined in the FY23 applications, but also included here.
Any existing Co-Op partners (have participated in either program in years past) will need to complete and provide the FY23 application to the Mediahub team.
WHY A SOCIAL MEDIA CO-OP?
- Track campaign performance with real-time, measurable results.
- Reach your exact audience with targeting based on age, location, behavior and interests.
- Budget-friendly advertising option to reach thousands of people with a small investment.
FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Receive reimbursement on paid posts that feature VTC in the ad copy by tagging Virginia is for Lovers on Facebook and @VisitVirginia on Instagram. Also, when using a click-thru ad format (directs to a website), the landing page must include the Virginia is for Lovers® logo or promotional text summary about Virginia with hyperlink to Virginia.org.
Note: Partners new to the program must be an Official Branded Content Partner of VTC on Facebook. Please follow these instructions, then email VTC’s Social Media Manager for confirmation within 10 days of application approval.
- 25% reimbursement on spend
- Maximum reimbursement of $10,000
Reimbursements will be made on a half-year basis. All reimbursement claim forms and associated documentation must be received by*:
- January 31, 2023 for ads that run July-December 2022
- Reimbursement made to partners by February 28, 2023
- July 31, 2023 for ads that ran January-June 2023
- Reimbursement made to partners by August 31, 2023
* There is a 10-business day grace period.
- Q3/Q4 Submissions received after February 15, 2023 will not be approved for reimbursement.
- Q1/Q2 Submissions received after August 11, 2023 will not be approved for reimbursement.