LOVEwork Reimbursement Requirements & guidelines:
- This is a one-time reimbursement fund, available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- This opportunity is geared towards family-friendly tourism destinations and is open to local tourism offices, convention and visitors bureaus, attractions, DMOs and localities to apply.
- Past LOVE creation reimbursement fund recipients/destinations/localities are not eligible to apply.
- The LOVEwork must be permanent in highly-visible, well-trafficked areas (indoor or outdoor) that experiences high visitation and can be easily and SAFELY photographed and shared on social media.
- The proposed LOVEwork needs to be large – big enough for an adult to stand beside for a photo!
- Projects should promote or incorporate local/regional themes, materials or items that are unique selling points for the destination (i.e. seashells for beaches, murals for historic downtowns, canoe paddles for outdoor adventure, etc.)
- The project applicant assumes all responsibility for maintenance and upkeep of the LOVEwork and agrees to secure any necessary permits or permissions for constructions/creations.
- Applicants cannot charge a separate fee to access the LOVEwork but it is acceptable to host the LOVE creation/artwork at a tourism destination that requires a fee (i.e. Mount Vernon, Monticello, Busch Gardens, etc.)
- Once the LOVEwork is built, it should remain in place for a minimum of a year after its placement. Should it become necessary for the LOVEwork to be removed from its location site, the Applicant should notify VTC of its removal.