Reach and Welcome Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Travelers to Virginia
If you are a Virginia tourism business, community, destination or attraction, and want to maximize your tourism potential with LGBT visitors, below are three new ways to do so. Make certain LGBT travelers know about your LGBT-friendly lodging, culinary, shopping, history, music, weddings, meetings, and outdoor experiences. Connect LGBT visitors who want authentic and welcoming Virginia experiences with YOU and your unique, inclusive travel experience you work so hard to create and sustain.
1. Add or Update your free listing here:
http://admin.virginia.org to maximize your presence on Virginia.org, the official State of Virginia Travel and Tourism website reaching over 13 million annually.
» Be sure and select the new LGBT-friendly option when describing your business
2. Download the Virginia LGBT Tourism Resource Guide to increase your partnership and leveraging opportunities
Click here to download the Virginia LGBT Partnership & Marketing Toolkit
3. Expand your reach and increase visitation by having multiple listings for lodging, events, dining, group packages and more
* If you need assistance with adding or updating your listings, please contact VTC’s Robin Mamunes » email@example.com | 804.545.5545
* If you you’d like more information on general LGBT marketing efforts, please contact Wirt Confroy » firstname.lastname@example.org | 804.545.5552
Why market to LGBT Travelers?
- LGBT travelers travel more, stay longer and spend more money
- LGBT travelers spend an estimated $57 billion in the U.S., annually
- Travel more and have the largest disposable income than any niche market
- LGBT consumers make nearly 10% of the U.S. market
- Virginia’s top travel feeder markets compliment the LGBT travel market, including DC/NOVA, Baltimore and Charlotte with direct flight access from Boston, Atlanta and Chicago
- A destination’s reputation for being LGBT-friendly is the primary motivator for selection