During these unprecedented times, the international team continues to work to support our partners by keeping Virginia top of mind in our target markets overseas and in Canada. Although travel restrictions are currently in place for much of the world, our representatives, travel trade and media partners continue to show interest in Virginia.
VTC has a full-time staff dedicated to all media relations and marketing activities in Canada, Virginia’s largest international market.
VTC’s international team also promotes the Commonwealth across multiple continents, offering marketing and media relations in Japan, India and Australia and partnering with the Capital Region USA (CRUSA), the official regional destination marketing organization promoting Virginia, Washington DC and Maryland internationally, on sales and public relations representation in China, France, Germany and the UK.
During this rapidly evolving situation, the focus has turned online and to social media, with tour operators, editors, writers and their audiences working from home and actively seeking inspirational content, to share or even consume themselves. The messages do not promote travel today, but rather help keep the dream of travel alive. Travel companies are using this time to get their teams trained and ready for when travel resumes; media are requesting content to fill their pages as their own travel for production has halted; and international audiences are wanting stories that are unique, uplifting and provide distraction.
Resources for You.
Our team continues to seek new ways to highlight Virginia and meet the changing needs of our audiences.
Please continue to share your:
- Inspirational images: stunning destination photos to inspire travel bucket lists
- Stories: feel-good stories about positive things happening in our Virginia communities
- Videos: performances from Virginia musicians and videos featuring Virginia destinations
- Virtual tours: online ways to experience Virginia destinations from home
- Food and cocktail recipes: Virginia-inspired recipes from our distilleries, wineries, hotels, and restaurants
- Educational offerings: online learning resources such as games, puzzles, quizzes, and other activities for kids and families
- Virtual Health and Wellness offerings: online yoga, workout classes, and activities to stay healthy while at home
- Brand USA COVID-19 International Market Update: 1-26-21
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) has implemented facility/procedure changes made to enhance and ensure the health and safety of passengers. Arrivals
- Brand USA Coronavirus Research Update: 8-18-20
- Brand USA Board of Directors Meeting: 7-29-2020
- Brand USA Coronavirus Research Update: 7-21-2020
- Brand USA Coronavirus Research Update: 6-23-2020
- Brand USA Board of Directors Meeting 5-20-2020
- Brand USA Coronavirus Research Update 5-15-2020
- Capital Region USA (CRUSA) Industry Update Webinar 4-21-2020
- Travel Market Insights: International Visitor Update 4-18-2020